As with any surgery, there’s some discomfort after the operation. It will be different for each man. However, most men say the pain is ‘slight’ or ‘moderate’ and not excessive.
- It is normal to have some bruising and swelling. You need to have proper scrotal support either with tight underwear or with a jock strap.
- You need to rest and really take it easy for the first couple of days.
- Your pain and discomfort will be controlled by over the counter painkillers (paracetamol or ibuprofen).
- If you experience anything more serious than that you should ring us.
- You can have sex a couple of days after surgery and it is normal to see blood in the ejaculation.
- You should avoid any sport for at least 15 days.
- Most people are comfortable to return to work the day after the surgery but it does depend on the type of work you do. We can discuss your individual situation during you preoperative consultation.