Coil Consultation – €50
Mirena Coil Insertion- €150
Copper Coil Insertion – €170 (including the coil itself)
In both coil insertions a follow up visit is included in the initial price
Unless you have had a full discussion with your doctor you should first come in for a consultation.It is in your interest to understand all the risks involved with the procedure and make sure you choose the best type of coil for you.
The appointment for the insertion is made in the first week of your cycle (which is the first seven days after the beginning of your period). It doesn’t matter if the actual bleeding is present or not. You will need insert the two tablets that you were prescribed into the vagina 4 hours before your appointment
It is also a good idea to take a pain killer an hour before.
- Does not interrupt sex.
- Works as soon as it is inserted.
- Can stay in for up to eight years.
- If inserted after the age of 40 may stay in until the menopause.
- May cause irregular bleeding.
- Insertion and removal must be done by a specially trained doctor.
- Risk of pelvic infection.
- Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections.